
My parents invited me and the boys to come to their wards Trunk or Treat this year. We are not Halloween people, but we have been pretty cooped up in the house for awhile so I jumped at the chance to get them out. Daley is gone with her cousin Paris to Snowflake to have a Halloween Sleepover for the weekend so it was just me and the boys.
My parents' ward does a lot of activities in a vacant lot next to their Bishop's house and is just grass. It is an awesome place to have activities, because everyone just lines their cars along the fence and then everyone gathers in the center of the lot. They had a Chili Cook Off and of course cornbread and rolls. It was perfect weather for hot Chili too - it was quite chilly literally. I was glad that I brought jackets and dressed me and Scout warmly, because it made for less whining for sure.
We ate dinner and then took the little kids around to all of the trunks to let the kids get their candy and were able to wrap things up in about an hour and a half. That is the perfect amount of time for the kids to have full belly's and bags of candy. I am not sure if it was the chili or the walking around, but I was wiped out by the end of the night. Scout had a great time walking around and getting candy from every car. He loved saying Happy Halloween to everyone and saying Thanks to all of the candy givers. He just could not believe people would just go and give him candy - just because. He is so funny. They had a fire pit that they got going right at first and Scout freaked out - He was like, "Oh my gosh!! A FIRE MOM!!". I guess he thought I was going to go grab a bucket and put it out, because to him that was not something you just do - start a fire right in the middle of people. I tried to explain that there was a man that was in charge of the fire and that he would make sure that nobody got hurt or burned. He still was not so sure, so he kept his distance.
There was also a funny moment when Scout had to go to the bathroom, and there we are in the middle of a vacant lot and no bathrooms to be found. I said, "Well, we can go back behind the cars and you can just pee in the dirt." He looks at me with this perplexed face and says, "Are you kidding me?". I just burst out laughing. I was under the impression that all boys thought it was cool that they actually could pee outside without trouble. He apparently thought that was just the most ridiculous idea ever. I guess we have never been in a position where we have ever had Scout pee outside before and since he was never curious about it on his own - well there you go - total inexperience in terms of peeing outdoors. Hahahaha.
After the "party" we headed back to my brother's house before we left to go home. Somehow the "peeing" topic was brought up again and my brother says, "Oh, I found this gadget online for girls to be able to pee outside like boys.". I was trying to imagine this gadget in my head and so he got his computer out and showed me "the gadget"...It is called "GO GIRL" and here is the site - for real...
http://www.go-girl.com/
Can you believe that? I mean pretty creative, but not so sure I would try it. Maybe?? Let me know what you think about this.
Peace out Peeps and Happy Halloween!!
Cami




No comments:
Post a Comment