Monday, October 19, 2009

Scout's Eye Update


So our journey to the eye doctor began with a ride in a Taxi. Our Insurance can give us a ride to our appointments if needed and since I am an "illegal driver" (errrr that is another long story) I needed to have a ride to Scottsdale. Sooooo...

Scout was excited to ride in a Taxi - me, not so much. It was okay though, because the driver was nice and spoke pretty good english, so it wasn't awkward. We got to the appointment right on time and were called back right away (sometimes it pays to be on time). The assistant checked his vision with his glasses and then we waited for Dr. Plotnick. Scout got to watch Elmo's World while he waited, so he was perfectly content. Dr. P came in and did some checking on his vision and determined that the vision in his right eye is worse and that when he tries to look at things close up his eyes overfocus way too much and therefore lots of crossing happens.

Dr. P then said he would write a RX for BIFOCALS, so that he can have that support more for close up and be able to support any other vision issues when looking at a distance as well. Killing two birds with one stone, but I guess it is just bizarre to think that my 4 year old will be wearing bifocals. When I think of bifocals I think of my grandparents looking down through that second lens in their glasses. YIKES!! This will be the best though for now, because that means surgery is postponed for now. Dr. P said he is trying to avoid another surgery, but we will see. Scout is doing well with his glasses though, so it is not a big deal for either of us.

After our appointment we walked out of the office and there was the Taxi driver waiting for us in the hall. He was parked in the shade and was so nice. He got us home safe and sound and that was all I cared about. Scout did say a funny thing when we first got into the taxi before our drive over to the doc - he said, "Hey, nice Taxi!!". I thought that was soooo funny.

All in all a pretty good day.

Love and Peace Peeps,
Cami

1 comment:

nicole said...

Scout is such a cute little boy! Sad that he has trouble with his eyes but good that it can be fixed! I watch a little girl who has to wear bifocals. She just turned 5 yrs. old in September.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a personal taxi/driver all of the time?! I would love it :o)
Love ya!