Thursday, November 27, 2008

What in the world??

So hey everyone in BLOGWORLD!! It is early in the morning - Thanksgiving morning that is, and I am just now getting ready to go to bed. I have been cleaning my booty off all day Wednesday and I am POOPED!! I am having the "after cleaning all day awakeness". I deserve to be sore though, because I had not reall y cleaned the house in awhile and so it needed it BAD!! I am still not completely done, but I figure I am giving myself a head start for doing all of the Christmas decorating. I am so adament about having things cleaned before one ornament or decoration goes up. I am not in anyway a lover of cleaning, in fact I constantly procrastinate doing anything that involves cleaning. Devin is always asking me why I wait until the last minute to do most anything, and I am not quite sure why I do this. I am probably the worst procrastinator ever. Unfortunately I passed this "special trait" onto Dylan who is maybe a little worse at it than I am, but I could be wrong about that. You know that you have a severe problem when it even talks about it in my Patriarchal Blessing. It says something along the lines of "You do not always act when you should. You sometimes procrastinate..." So there you have it. That just testifies to me that My Heavenly Father knows ME to the "T".

Okay so I am going to try and get some sleep now, so I can get up in a few hours and finish up some things and of course - Cook and Bake!! Luckily we are having a super quaint Thanksgiving so I am not sweating about it at all. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Oh and by the way, if you're a bad procrastinator than your kids have received a double his because Pappy is THE WORST OF ALL at procrastinating too!! HE HE HE!!

Rhonda said...

Happy Thanksgiving and way to go on the cleaning!

I try to make my kids help but they are so busy with school and sports that it usually falls back on me. BUT when they are home ya better believe they each get a list of things to help with!

I'm the opposite of a procrastinator...I want everything done like...yesterday!! I might be equally difficult to live with though. Or worse. It's hard for me to relax and I hate that about myself. But I'm learning patience in a big way so I suppose that's good!

Happy Turkey day!

Rhonda said...

Oh and to answer your question...we went last weekend and got back sunday night. We packed in as much as we could because we needed to be as stingy as possible with hotel and food costs. It worked out to be incredibly cheap. We had a gas card we got as a gift a whileback so we forked out NOTHING for gas...hotel was $39/night thanks to a friend in the business, and we took our own milk, cereal and sandwich fixings for meals. It was great and we got no complaints from kids! The trip was basically our Christmas gift to the kids. Santa might bring them one other thing but time together & learning is my goal from now on, rather than "stuff"