
So, I am sitting in Primary and of course Scout is hanging out with me and my 9 year olds (again), and there is a class doing their Primary Presentation. They have a turkey poster and the turkey is bald. They were having the kids come up to put the feathers on the turkey. So Scout is watching all of the kids go up to put their feather on and he gets this weird look on his face. I am watching his face and I can see the wheels turning in his head and I am wondering what he is thinking about. After a second he turns to me and says, "Hey Mom, do turkey's even fly?". I honestly was unsure and kind of felt dumb for like half a second. I told him the truth - "You know what Scout? I do not know.". I am thinking in my head, "okay, now wait - I have seen a turkey up close, but I have never actually seen one fly. So hold on they have all of those feathers and nothing. This can't be.
I came home from church and later on told Devin this funny story, with Scout listening to our conversation. Devin tells me that turkeys can in fact fly, but not very high or for very long. I get that since they are quite bottom heavy. So then Scout says, "Oh Mom I get it turkeys sort of fly, but Macaws can fly really high.". So I am thinking either this kids is real smart or he has watched one too many episodes of Go, Diego. It could actually be both I guess. He sure is a silly kid though. He reminds me so much of Dylan when he was a little squirt.
I am thankful today for my kids. I love that they are each so different. They amaze me all the time. I know that I don't tell them how amazed I am of them as often as I should, but I am. Life can be completely hectic and exhausting and so overwhelming, but then you are reminded in an instant that you cannot sit for long in the pity party - Cause before you know it your 3 year old will say 3 words to slap you back to real life and those 3 words are, "MOM, I'M POOPY!!". I guess it is true - Poop happens!!
Have a great week everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!




1 comment:
Your kids are too smart for their own good! Ben always asks me questions that I don't know the answers too. I tell him I'll have to look it up online and he tells me,"ok. hurry. I want to know NOW." lol Watch our kid be rocket scientists someday or something!
Poop does happen. The past year or so I've wondered if I somehow volunteered to be continuously dumped on but if I can stay like you are counting the blessings I know I'll be alright!! ;)
Oh and the POlar express is outside of Flagstaff in Williams. super fun!
Post a Comment