Monday, December 1, 2008

TAGGED AGAIN, Hmmmm!!

Tag #1: 4th folder, 4th picture in My Pictures

So this is my son Slade on Christmas 7 years ago. Daley is looking on and my lovely arm in the background (sure looks skinnier). Slade is the only one of my kids who I think looks like my side of the family for sure. He is my Dad's mini-me. Slade is sweet and compassionate. He hates to see anyone hurting or sad. He loves Math and Science, and he loves his teacher this year - Mrs. Errington. He will turn 11 years old in 12 days and he loves that his Birthday is right before Christmas, because that is his favorite Holiday. His favorite color is Blue and his favorite foods are Top Ramen Soup (chicken flavored), cheeseburgers, chocolate milk and Dr. Pepper. One thing that is different about Slade is that he HATES CANDY, but loves chocolate. He is a wonderful singer and one of his favorite groups to listen to is The Beach Boys!! Another thing about Slade is that he is very competitive person. He is not always the best loser, and he certainly hates watching his favorite sports teams losing. He will cry and get real upset. We have always had to get on him about this. He can be a BIG Stinker or The Biggest Snuggle Love Bug EVER!! I could go on and on, but I will stop, as he is a pre-teen and tends to embarrass easily!!

TAG #2 - 16 Random Things About ME!! (This will not be easy people)

1. I was born on Cinco de Mayo. This has always been a Birthday nobody ever forgets. Even my Grandpa who has a BUNCH of Grand kids always remembers my B-day!!

2. I have never broken a bone or had stitches from any accident or mishap, yet I can be very clumsy. I better knock on some wood or something.

3. I have played the violin since I was age 8 and I also sing fairly well.

4. I have lived in Mesa AZ (obviously), Granger Utah, St. John's AZ, Murrietta CA, Midvale UT and of course now Queen Creek, AZ.

5. I bake yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies/Bars.

6. I have a habit of singing a song when someone says a word or phrase that reminds me of a song that I know.

7. I love to vacuum.

8. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper.

9. I breastfed all 4 of my kids - I breastfed Dylan until he was 13 months old, Slade until he was 10 months old, Daley until she was 16 months old and Scout until he was (this is a bit embarrassing) 3 years old. I still can't believe I let him breastfeed that long. WOW!!

10. My pet peeves are: (yes I have a list) 1. When the boys pee on the toilet seat. 2. When old people drive and you know they have no business doing so. 3. Sticky/Dirty hands 4. When I'm on the phone and a family member starts talking to me and expects me to listen intently. 5. Bullies 6. Non Solicited Advice or Criticism. 7. Closed mindedness 8. When my kids throw clean clothes back in the laundry room after I just folded and put them in their rooms to be put away. 9. When people spank or yell at their kids in public places. 10. When kids Tattle Tale.

11. Things I LOVE: 1. Music 2. Catch Phrase 3. Laughing 4. Being able to record shows on the DVR and watch them later, pause them and fast forward through commercials. 5. Certain Scents like sugar cookie candle, pumpkin pie candle, rain, bread baking, a clean baby, When Dev used to wear Eternity For Men cologne. 6. Oprah 7. Yummy Mexican Food. 8. Random Acts of Kindness 9. Sleeping in 10. Blogging or reading my friends/family members Blogs.

12. I have two toes that are partially webbed. I love to freak Devin out by pulling them apart like I could rip them clear down. He gets all grossed out and I laugh.

13. I can never go to bed wearing make-up or without brushing my teeth.

14. I can whistle really loud with and without my fingers in my mouth. Devin hates when I whistle for anyone to come to me, but it always works.

15. I have never gone to the movies or eaten at a Restaurant by myself before.

16. I think it would be so fun to be part of an orchestra group that plays in studio and does the background music for movies and such. I also would love to be a backup singer or an Elementary School Teacher (1st or 2nd grade).

So if you haven't completed these 2 TAGS before than it's your turn. :)

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That was so fun to read!

I also hate when the kids shove clean clothes in a hamper just so they don't have to put it away. DRIVES ME NUTS! When I have my boys wash their own loads, sometimes Aaron will wash a load of Justin's clothes just so he won't have any clothes to put away. CRAZY KIDS!

Also, don't even get me started on kids and phone time. Grrrrr!