Monday, October 20, 2008

Sunday - AGHHH!!

So I love Sunday and the thought of getting to church with everyone dressed and ready to go so that weare there early and get a nice soft bench. Well, this day was nothing like I dream of. I had the laundry ready, but I guess I forgot about the little things like - leaving my keys in an obvious spot, or making sure both of Scout's shoes together. Of course we ended up being late and in the back, but also with a shoeless 3 year old. Although I was able to listen to most of the talks I had a couple of kids that were being stinkerish. That is so great when you are in the back on the gym floor (echos gallore) and to the kids it feels like they can just wander around - 'nuf said.

So off to classes we go...Daley just had to go with me to take Scout to class (hmmm) and then refused to go to her own class. Scout would not let me leave to get Daley to class - So now the battle continues. I take both Scout and Daley to take Daley to class, and of course she throws a mini temper tantrum about going in late to her class and everybody staring at her (blah, blah). I just walked away from her, saw a sister from Primary making her way to Daley to get her into class and knew she would be less likely to cause a scene in front of a stranger. It worked.

I took Scout into his class and they have changed the classes around so he didn't know the teacher. She was trying to get him to warm up, but he was not feeling it at all. I finally walked out and hoped he would cry for a bit and then be over it.

NOT SO FAST!! After 15 minutes the nursery leader was peaking in the doorway holding my sad little Scout. He was doing the hiccup cry and so I just let him stay with me. Poor guy.

Oh well - there is always next Sunday, right. Okay I will think about next Sunday later...I need sleep. What is it about 3 hours of church that wipes me out? Anyone?

I hope that the next post I write will be something way more eventful. Nighty Night All!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens Cami, I so feel your pain about Sundays . . .and I only have 2 of those little rascals! Our issue EVERY Sunday is that we teach the 6 year olds so we're in junior primary . . .well of course Brigham being in Sunbeams then he sees us right there and absolutely REFUSES to sit with his class. With Isaac not quite old enough for nursery but as mobile and noisy as possible, we deal with him too! So yesterday we threw in the towel and begged nursery to take Isaac in at 16-months-old, I sat with Brigham in his class and Robert went and had to teach by himself in our class. Like you said, I'll think about next Sunday later and I'm totally with you with being completely wiped out after church. I'm all for a long nap!!

the haynie's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the haynie's said...

I feel it too! I finally have one who can get ready by himself... but that still leaves 4 others besides myself!!! Travis was gone with the youth to the Randolf Center and after a rough night with lil Joe's upset tummy-toots, his last words to me were, "I don't mind if you guys miss today." I finally did wake up and 1 1/2 hours late, I got the kids to church! I wanted them to have some practice time for their primary program. I love church, I just wish it were less stressful to get ready :) We'll survive, right?

Rhonda said...

I feel your pain too! When Jed was YM pres and we had 11:00 church he was gone every morning so I'd have to get all 6 ready myself and the older kids MIGHT be willing to help with the younger ones but the younger ones object. MOMMY has to do it. grrr

Now his new calling also has a rigorous meeting schedule and since he speaks at other wards and stuff I'm sometimes flyin' solo. The kids all have their stages of not wanting to go to class and it's no fun for sure. Thank goodness they do grow out of it eventually! ;)