Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Break and Bob The Broken Balloon :)

Well the kids are out of school for fall break and I am enjoying the break very much. I love not having to wake up at 6:45 to get the kids off to school. We are not doing anything special, but just hanging out.

Okay, so here are my funny stories about Scout. He says things that just crack Dev and I up. So I was coming in from the front yard and I was bringing in the kitchen garbage can that was drying outside. I come walking in and he says, "Mom, what is that?". I replied, "The garbage can." To which he responds, "Mom, are you recycling?". I was taken a back for a sec and said, "What?". I did not know he even knew about recycling, but he obviously heard it somewhere. Crazy kid.

Devin was also telling me that Monday night when I was gone on an errand Scout was sitting in the family room with Devin and asked Devin if instead of football if he would turn it to Noggin so he could watch "his shows". Devin told him no and that he could go up stairs to watch his shows in the playroom. Scout let out a deep sigh and said, "Dad, this sucks!". Devin was stunned and of course said (trying not to laugh), "We don't talk like that Scout." and Scout said, "But Dad this really does suck!". I think Devin just let it go after that, because he was too afraid he would encourage him by his inability to hold in his laughter. I guess that is what happens when you have a 3 year old who is always surrounded by siblings who are much older and who don't always say the nicest things. Hmmmmm!!

One more story about Scout and then it's bedtime. Yeah!! Scout got a balloon from Nursery on Sunday and he loves balloons, so he was very happy. Well like balloons tend to do it broke today. He was pleading with Devin and I to please fix his balloon, and we kept telling him it cannot be fixed with a hole in it. Well Daley came up with the "brilliant" idea of filling the broken balloon with water and wrapping a rubber band around the hole part so it would not leak. This seemed fine until Scout decided to name him Bob and call him his best friend. Um, why is my little boy enjoying the company of a broken water-filled balloon? This I will never understand. Okay time to put Scout and Bob to bed. Haha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, I would have absolutely died laughing to hear Scout say "this sucks!" Yeah, Brigham recently said "Mom, what the hell is that?" and I just about passed out . . . first from trying to hold in my laughter and second why was my little boy saying such things? Of course he went on to tell me he heard it on MY show!! UGH!! Kids are too stinkin' cute sometimes.