Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Beautiful Day & Cinnamon Rolls

I was so glad to sleep in this morning. There is something so great about sleeping w/out a stupid alarm clock beeping at you. I love sleep. I was also happy to feel nice cool weather today. The little bit of rain was so refreshing and the breeze as well. I was outside with the kids watching them play and get dirty and sweaty. I hate dirty and sweaty, but it was too nice a day to worry. I also gave Dylan a haircut outside during this time. I was in a major time crunch because his Pappy was coming to pick him up to go to the Priesthood session. I must say his haircut turned out much better than when I take my time. I am just happy to see his face and not his massively fluffy hair. He has great hair, but it must be tamed or it gets out of control. I must have done well, because he gave me a huge Thank You hug. That happens, but not as much as I would like. As Dylan gets older he is of course Big and Tall, but he will still give me hugs and kisses - even in front of his friends. Devin taught him that it is not an embarrassing thing to show your affections to your parents in the presense of others. I appreciate that so much.

So then after getting Dyl off to Priesthood Session I came in and decided to put Daley's bed together (finally). It is an antique day bed and it has some real problems for sure. It needs some work on it, but I did my best and got it together anyway. Slade kept saying, "It's okay with me if you wanna cuss Mom, because I would want to if I were you.". I had a few fly under my breath (oops!) but I was just happy I got it together.

I then decided after making dinner that I would make some homemade Cinnamon Rolls. I have not done this in many years, so I was a bit apprehensive. I followed a recipe that a Great, Great Aunt gave to me and boy they turned out yummilicious! Devin will be so happy when he gets to eat them. He loves Cinnamon Rolls! I am now completely exhausted and am ready for Beddy Bye!!

Here I come Bed... my favorite friend (haha).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh you'll have to email me that cinnamon roll recipe. I've been wanting to try to make some and I was thinking my first time would be for Christmas this year. Looks like you had a great day. Give everyone hugs and kisses for us!

Rhonda said...

POST THE RECIPE! ;)

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Hey, glad you have a blog! It's so fun to see what you guys are all up to! Now you just have to talk Jennifer into getting one!