Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MY CRAZY DAY!!!

My Mom came to pick me up to take Scout to his NEW PEDIATRIC OPHTHALMOLOGIST today. I was so hopeful that we could drive the long hour drive to Scottsdale and have decent day. Well in the middle of the Doc. visit I get a frantic phone call from Dev telling me that the car keys are lost and asking where they might be. I think of every place to tell them to look, because now Slade and Dylan are both involved in "The Search". I finally had to hang up the phone because the Doctor had come back in the room to do the actual exam.

Coming away from Dr. Plotnick's appt. we have learned that Scout's Right Eye is turning in MUCH MORE and since his glasses got too small he had refused to wear them, so of course I did not expect progress. Dr. P told me that his right eye is very Far sighted so in turn it over-focuses on things - therefore turning in. His treatment is for Scout to WEAR HIS GLASSES EVERYDAY for 3 MONTHS and then return to see if improvement is being made. Dr. P said that Scout will almost DEFINITELY NEED A SURGERY, but he has to know after the 3 months how involved his surgery will be. After that there is a 50% chance of having to have a second surgery if the first one (actually 3rd one) isn't a HUGE SUCCESS!! I was not surprised that of his findings at all, so that was a fine visit.

We went straight to the EYE DOC. place to give his EYE RX so we could order his glasses. The lady said that they have to wait for an Authorization from the insurance to cover the high strength of the RX and also the lens type, so it may be at least 2-3 weeks before he can get them - Oh the joys of insurance "RED TAPE". So we wait.....

This is not even where my day gets CRAZY...

I get home and THE KEYS ARE STILL MISSING!!!!! I am calm thinking ok - I will retrace my steps from yesterday when I drove last and surely I will find them (hahahahaha wishful thinking). I search EVERYWHERE I can possibly think. I move furniture, I go through stacks of what I will refer to as CRAP (papers, mails, etc.). I look under beds, in drawer, in cupboards, in the van, in boxes. I pull out shelves and now I am starting to get a bit PEEVED!! I never swore out loud the whole time, but in my head I was cussing up a storm. I look under cushions and pillows and undo my bedding and still NO KEYS!! Finally as a family we knelt down and said a prayer asking for help to find our car keys (our only set by the way).

I kept having this feeling that my SWEET SCOUT may have had something to do with this charade, but he was of no help. I asked him, "Scout, have you seend Mommy's keys?", and he would reply, "Yes Mom I was playing with them.". I say, "Well, where did you put them?", and he would give some random place - like, "in my box, or over there...". I could tell he was not going to remember, but he was very sympathetic, saying, "Mom, have you seen your keys?" or "Mom, I hope you find your keys.". Thanks Scout you are a BIG HELP!!

Finally after searching for literally 4 hours...Slade comes running down the stairs singing some Celebratory Song with MY KEYS IN HAND!!! YES!!

I literally almost cried I was so happy. I was speechless. After all of the searching the keys were in the sofa upstairs in the playroom - not just under the cushion but shoved into the couch so you had to stick your hand down deep to find them. THIS HAS SCOUT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!! The whole time I had that feeling about Scout playing with my keys and that is exactly what he had done. We had a few talks about NEVER playing with Mom's keys EVER AGAIN!!

I am seriously WHIPPED!! I got my keys and went straight to... WAL-MART!! (tired tired)
Now I am BEAT and ready to HIT THE HAY!!

The Lord does answer prayers - FOR SURE!! Dylan thought it was a silly idea to pray for keys when there are starving people all over the world, but I told him that I will put my faith in The Lord no matter how BIG or small the problem is.

You can be for dang sure I was saying a PRAYER of THANKGIVING to my Father in Heaven before I left my garage to go to Wal-Mart!!

LIKE MY ENTRY WAY SIGN SAYS, "WELCOME TO OUR CHAOS!!".

Peace and Love Peeps,
Cami

7 comments:

2Again Now said...

Cami!! I LOVE your blog!!!! Your family is adorable!!!!

Dylan Starks said...

Mom, I want credit for assisting Slade in the finding of the KEYS. After all, we spent much longer searching for them than you did. :)

dstar53 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

You are mean!! I am SORRY. I give you credit for assisting SLADE - hey that makes you SLADE'S ASSISTANT WAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dstar53 said...

YES!!! I AGREE WITH DYLAN!! Dylan, Slade & I, looked NON-STOP from 2:40pm until they were found, roughly around 9:30 - 9:45pm!! So the 3 of us went BLIND looking for these keys for OVER 7 HOURS!!! SLADE & DYLAN get the most credit, but it should be the 3 of us, AND THEN YOU(Cami), Daley and of coarse, the biggest help of all, our little helper, SCOUT. THESE SHOULD BE THE OFFICIAL, FINAL STATISTICS FOR THIS PARTICULAR CASE!!!

Love ya,
Dev

Cami said...

DEVIN - We sure have a lot of helpers, don't we?? (sarcastic laugh). Sorry that it took so long and that you all looked NON-STOP (as you say). yesterday was hard - BUT today will be much better :) Tomorrow is your TRIP - YAY!!!! You will have FUN!! ♥♥