I try so hard not to become frustrated during a bad day, but I a lot of times lose it and then just can't get it together. I read so many family and friends blogging about so many things like vacations they are taking or even just a simple family outing and I just am hoping that at some point that will be our family - all together enjoying the day! I am hoping that Easter will be a day that we can maybe have a few family members over and enjoy being together. I pray that this may be.
I feel like my relationship with my Heavenly Father has always been EVER CHANGING - I am human and I have at times been like a rebellious teenager who ignores that call to prayer, and then there are times in my life that the only way I make it through the day is through prayer and relying on my Father in Heaven to get me through the day. I think of all that may come up in the near future for our family and I can ONLY PRAY that the decisions we make for our family will be what is BEST for each of us.
It sure can be tricky to please each member of a family - for instance Dylan is 14 and so he is very resistant to change of any kind, because he has the need for stability. Slade and Daley are a little easier to accepting change, but only because they are 9 and 11. Scout is 4 so change is fairly easy for him to accept - most 4 year olds are pretty trusting of decisions that we make (unless it involves taking away any personal item then he gets a little hairy). My point is that even though I am 35 years old (next month
I am thankful that it is Conference weekend so I can hear the testimonies of our Church Leaders. I remember when I was younger sort of dreading having to sit still for 4 hours on a Saturday and another 4 on Sunday to listen to people talk on and on and I thought it was so boring. Well now as a wife and a mother I feel like I need that guidance so much. I find it best to record Conference with the DVR and then wait until later to re-watch so I can really allow the words to touch my soul. Watching live would be ideal if my own children didn't also feel as I felt as a kid. I only hear,"This is sooooo boring Mom." I know that it will mean more to them when they mature (hopefully) and have a desire to listen. In the meantime I will be in search of some Conference Coloring/Puzzle Pages to help, but I know already that will only last for so long.
I hope to post about my favorite inspiring messages in the next few days!!
As Always - Peace OUT PEEPS!


BTW - speaking of Peeps - as Easter approaches I am seeing the Peeps marshmallow chicks and I always buy them for Devin cuz he loves them BUT no matter how many times I think I w
ill like them - I just DON'T!! Just out of curiosity - WHO LIKES THESE PEEPS? In my opinion - THEY ARE NASTY!Sorry about that Peeping Rant,
Cami




6 comments:
Peeps are good! People either love 'em or hate em. Personally a sugar coated marshmallow is heaven to me. lol
Sorry for the rough time of it lately. It's ok to feel down (read my post about trials!) and it's normal. When Ben was always sick and hospitalized and our entire lives revolved around his health or lack thereof , I used to see other people at the park, or just driving down the road and it'd make me jealous. I'd think, "wow, must be nice for them. All they have to worry about is where they're going and their biggest complaint is that their kid had an ear infection and didn't sleep last night." It wasn't nice of me and it wasn't productive but it was what I was feeling at the time! For a long time!
We're humans and it's hard to be thrilled about a tough thing we have to deal with. We just have to do our best to be grateful for the good things we ARE blessed with and try to keep things in perspective. Like you said, it's NOT EASY..but is worth it.
Anyway, {{{HUGS}}} to you!!!
I don't like peeps either. I think it's disturbing to bite the head off a chick and it always tastes like a tainted marshmellow.
I'm not a fan of Peeps either! Last year at Girls Camp the theme was Sweet is the Work and all the wards were different candies. As the stake staff we were The Peeps! It was fun!
I love your smile and your great attitude! I think you are doing an awesome job.
I think you are right in that most of us look forward to conference and it's inspiring words...but only after we are older and so much more aware of our need for the strength that we get by listening to the uplifting and inspiring words of our leaders. So far it has not disappointed, has it? My heart goes out to your hubby. It is so hard to have the responsibility of providing for a family, especially in these trying times. But it was so good to hear your strength and optimism. Hard to believe it was 14 years ago that you were just setting foot on this this path of marriage. I still remember your day well because I kept telling your mom that it was not going to rain despite the forecast. Goes to show how much I know. I'm glad she didn't listen to me and moved the reception to the church!!
PS( our family all agrees with you on the peeps!)
I admire your positivity. Life can be so tricky at times, but it's comforting to know that the Lord's hand can direct our lives if we allow it. Conference was SO good. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I always appreciate your sweet, heartfelt comments on my blogs. I would LOVE to take pictures of your family someday when I make it down there. And about Carli... that is AWESOME that she's engaged!!!! Sounds like a special guy, like you said. Oh, and I'm not a Peeps fan either. Love you!
Post a Comment