Dylan is my oldest child and for 14 years has never been away from home for more than 2 days. Well today he got home from The Aaronic Priesthood Encampment. He was gone from Monday to Saturday and He had an AMAZING time. This week was filled with Spiritual Experiences as well as fun and learning too. Dylan has had some struggles over the past year and after the Encampment He finally feels a string connection with The Young Men and Leaders in our ward. He hasn't told me everything about his trip yet, but from what I have heard it was life changing for him.
I appreciate so much the ways in which our Heavenly Father has allowed for these type of experiences for all of us. I can remember as a young woman going to Girl's Camp and always feeling the spirit so strong there. There is a feeling of belonging and love that you feel very little in the "real world". I love how the experiences I felt even as a child and teen continue to have an impact on my life.
It was so awesome on the morning that Dylan left to go, it was early in the morning and I was in bed after saying goodbye to him. Devin stood in our loft (right by our room) and gave Dylan a sweet Priesthood Blessing. He promised Dylan in the blessing that this would be an experience that would be life changing for him and that Dylan would be able to feel a close connection to our Father in Heaven. That blessing was the start of an incredible week that will bless Dylan's life forever and be something he can share with his posterity later on.
I just want to Thank all of the Leaders in our Stake and our Ward who put this Encampment together and made it such a great success. His Young Men's Leaders are so Awesome and for me I appreciate that so very much. Thank you to all who worked so hard to keep these boys safe and busy. I also want to thank The Brethren that were in charge of feeding the boys. You did and AWESOME JOB!! Dylan gave me a break down of the meals that were served and I don't think he has ever eaten so well in one week in his life. I don't think I can ever measure up to that kind of menu set up EVER!!
I will post more about his adventure's later, but for now I am just happy that everyone returned home safely. I love you Dyl Pickle and we are so happy you are home. WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Kewpie
2 days ago




1 comment:
We actually won't be moving in until the middle of July after the work on it is done. We're excited! That'll be fun for you to let us know about stuff going on around there! Thanks!
Post a Comment