I wanted to write a belated POST to my Sladey Boy. He turned 11 on the 13th and I didn't want to post about it until I could download my pics, but I am looking for the usb cord that goes with my phone camera, so I will post pics later.
I know I had already posted a long post about Slade when I posted my pic from my TAGGING, but since it was his Birthday I will write more. I think I will start from his birth.
Like any other pregnant Mother who is growing closer to their due date I was ready to deliver my baby boy, and how!! A little side note...We have given each our children their names as soon as we have found out what their genders were, so after having Dylan and him being the namesake child for the Starks side I was really wanting to use a name from my Slade side. I was having such a hard time picking names and Devin and I went back and forth on this even after we found out Slade was indeed all boy. I don't remember the day, but I do remember Devin calling me from work to tell me that his Dad had an idea of calling him Slade. I was set on that name from that moment on. I knew that I couldn't have his first name be Slade without then having his middle name be Lehi - this is my Dad's middle name and also my Great Grandfather Lehi Larson, Jr, who was a BEE KEEPER. Anyway...
So on Friday night the 12th of December I decided I was going to "GO FOR IT" and take Castor Oil to try and induce myself into labor. Of course this only will work if you are indeed ready to have your baby otherwise you just end up having contractions from having what I call "the runs" (sorry about the grossness, but I can't think of another more delicate way to word that).
So, before I took the Castor Oil I made sure I had the most appropriate meal possible (*wink*) so off we headed to FILIBERTO'S. I ate my meal and downed a couple of Tablespoons of Castor Oil or what I call (liquid plastic). Seriously any time I smell that stuff my gag reflex just kicks in. Actually just writing about this makes me a little queasy.
Okay so after about 20 or 30 minutes I felt that urge to run to the bathroom. This continued on and on along with real contractions. I knew I was in labor so I had Devin call our wonderful Dr. and he told us to head on over to the hospital. So off we went and I believe we arrived about 10:30pm on Friday night and after just 4 hours and 26 minutes later out came little Slade Lehi Starks. He was 7 pounds 6 ounces and though he had some similar features that Dyl had a birth as he got older it was quite apparent that he was indeed named appropriately after who he looks like (my dad). He looks like a Slade without a doubt and I knew that The Lord had a hand in this name game.
Slade is so much like my Dad - I think I have said this before, but it is soooo true. I call him my bull in a china closet, because he seems to be the culprit for anything that gets broken, knocked over, smashed, etc. Slade is the kid that loves to be helpful to everyone and I do mean everyone. He hates to see anyone sad or in pain. He freaks out if he thinks he has disappointed anyone especially Devin or ME!! He is the one I can depend on to get a job done (not always to my expectations but done none the less). Slade is probably my most sensitive child. It is hard to tell him anything that might be upsetting because he does not do well with any bad news. He will not even ride in the car if he thinks that we might run out of gas because he doesn't want to be around for bad situations. He hates contention as well. He is the one who is telling another to just talk it out and make up, and not be mad at each other.
He has many quirks, but it makes him who he is. He will make a great husband and father one day. I think we are doing good with all of our kids considering some of the adversities we have faced. It is hard to know just the right thing to do in certain situations, but we try.
We were not able to give Slade a Birthday present this year, but I know we will make up for it later. He is used to not getting much on his Birthday since he was born so close to Christmas, but he has always said he like that his Birthday is right before his favorite Holiday - CHRISTMAS!!
So HAPPY B-DAY SLADE!! We all love you so much and hope that you will always feel that love throughout your life not just from us but others as well.
Love you Sladey!!
Mom and Dad
Dyl, Daley and Scout
and of course...Ginger, Yoda and Madi!! We include the dogs because BTW Slade is a DOG Lover!!
Kewpie
2 days ago




2 comments:
Hope you had a fabuloso birthday Slade! Did you get our card? We sure miss you and were thinking about you on your special day!
Happy Birthday Slady boy!!! He's such a cutie and yah--totally takes after your dad (p.s. how are your mom and dad doing?? we miss all of you guys!)
My uncle is a bee keeper too, cool job huh?!
And I was bummed that Ash's bday was Dec 1st but she hasn't been jipped YET so that's a good sign. ANy later in the month and she might feel it.
Post a Comment