Monday, September 29, 2008

Tough Times

I must say that despite our trials I am truly looking for that silver lining. There are many things that we have to look forward to, but there is a lot of work to get us there. Devin has been quite ill for a very long time and after many years of prayers on our own and from many loved ones we are seeking help for him like never before. It is a struggle, but my sweetheart coming back healthy and strong is the brightest light at the end of the darkness. Devin keeps me grounded and sane and so it will be difficult when he leaves for treatment for me to keep it together. I'm up for the challenge, but I am also realistic. Our four children will be here to keep me going, FOR SURE. Thanks to all who have served our family in unbelievable ways, and for all of the sweet prayers that have been said on our behalf. You all have no idea what it means to have so many cheerleaders on your team. I will need all of the cheering I can get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though we're far away, we're definitely here for you. I can't wait for Devin to be well again, it's been much too long.

Love, Taryn

dickson said...

Cami--We are praying for you and your family. We miss you guys and know that you are all strong!!!Thanks for the update. Melissa and family

Rhonda said...

Cami, I'm so glad I found your blog! Good to be able to peek in at your life still....

I have to tell you that more than once I've thought about how much you handle and how strong you are. I don't know how long he'll be gone but we'll be thinking and praying for you. I hope things go smoothly for everyone!